The summer is coming. And the water is getting low and clear. It’s time for smaller flies.
The new nutria is perfect for smaller flies.
This fly is tied for summer salmon in river store å. But it will do the job in most Danish rivers. The color combination has proven to be very good.
Nutria fantastic fly tying materials:
- Tube: Fluro yellow 1.8mm tube
- But: Hot orange fluro mix
- Hackle: Yellow signature hen neck
- Tail: Sunburst nutria with two strands of pearl crystal flash.
- Body: Mirage tinsel and a fluro yellow tungsten bead.
- Wing: Dirty olive tanuki with 2 strands of pearl crystal flash
- Hackle: Yellow grizzly sofghackle.
- Cheeks: jc
- Head: Pingo yellow ufo disc.
At the age of eight he got his first fly rod and a starter fly tying kit.
At the age of fourteen he started tying for the local fishing shop and then it took off from there.
He has now spent thousands of hours behind his fly tying vice and tied for several shops in Scandinavia and in Germany.
He also makes a lot of fly tying demos.
Kasper is a very versatile tyer he ties everything from the smallest dry flies to the biggest and meanest pike streamers.
But his biggest passion is the saltwater Seatrout flies, especially the shrimp flies.
He is always looking for new materials and new methods to make it easier and more effective.